vendredi 10 mai 2019

My 1st May Scrapbook project

Hello everyone !

Today I want to share with you a step by step photo tutorial on how I put together a layout with beautiful May Scrapbook Kit at Tres Jolie :) Here is a photo of the kit and the content just below.  Isn't it gorgeous ? I mean look at all that's included !!!


Kit Content

  1. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 01
  2. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 02
  3. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 03
  4. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 04
  5. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 05
  6. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 06
  7. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 07
  8. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 08
  9. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - Vintage Time Ephemera 035
  10. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - Vintage Time Ephemera 037
  11. Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - Buttons
  12. Prima - Chalk Ink - Pastel Peach
  13. Prima - SIIP with Flowers
  14. Prima - Clear Stamp - Rosarian
  15. Prima - Lifetime Flower Stem - Brown
  16. Prima - Divine Flower Pack - Peach
  17. Prima - Pretty Pale Flowers- Meadows
  18. Nuvo Crystal Drops - Carnation Pink
  19. Creative Embellishments Chipboard - Rose Page Corner
  20. Creative Embellishments Chipboard - Filigree Set

Here is my layout :


As you probably already know, I always put a coat of Clear Gesso on all my layouts first.  The brand really does not matter, as long as it is Gesso !


After putting the Gesso I decided to use another paper on the background... so I put Gesso on that too !


Did some tearing on top and bottom, love how that looks !


I used a stencil from my stash with Crakle Paste but it can be any Modeling Paste, Heavy Gesso, Heavy Gel, whatever you have that has texture.




Once everything is dry, I can start playing with my watercolors !  I am trying to match the colors of the papers :)

I did the same thing with the Chalk included in the kit and mixing it with a little bit of water.


Here I used the chalk again but this time on the chipboard for an opaque look.


When it was almost dry, I took the same watercolor and put a little bit on the chipboard.


I really love the result ! I cut the chipboard into little peaces so they would show all around my layout. I place the peaces where I wanted them and put glue right away.


Here I decided to keep a few peaces for another layout.  On top of the chipboard, I used one of the die-cuts from a 12x12 paper and added cheese cloth. I also used the stamp from the kit on top and bottom.


I used watercolor again but on the flowers so they could be a little bit Pink.  I had previously cut out the clocks and the butterflies from the Vintage Ephemeras and used them around the photo.  Here you can see I am applying Stones with Gel Medium which I use as glue.

Here you can see the final result with the pearls :) 


Here is a title from a previous kit :


More close-ups :










I hope you liked my tutorial, let me know if you have questions !!


Don’t forget to follow Tres Jolie on all our various social media outlets.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire