Hello everyone !
Today I want to share with you a step by step photo tutorial on how I put together a layout with beautiful May Scrapbook Kit at Tres Jolie :) Here is a photo of the kit and the content just below. Isn't it gorgeous ? I mean look at all that's included !!!
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 01
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 02
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 03
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 04
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 05
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 06
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 07
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - 08
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - Vintage Time Ephemera 035
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - Vintage Time Ephemera 037
- Lemoncraft Grow Old with Me - Buttons
- Prima - Chalk Ink - Pastel Peach
- Prima - SIIP with Flowers
- Prima - Clear Stamp - Rosarian
- Prima - Lifetime Flower Stem - Brown
- Prima - Divine Flower Pack - Peach
- Prima - Pretty Pale Flowers- Meadows
- Nuvo Crystal Drops - Carnation Pink
- Creative Embellishments Chipboard - Rose Page Corner
- Creative Embellishments Chipboard - Filigree Set
Here is my layout :
As you probably already know, I always put a coat of Clear Gesso on all my layouts first. The brand really does not matter, as long as it is Gesso !
After putting the Gesso I decided to use another paper on the background... so I put Gesso on that too !
Did some tearing on top and bottom, love how that looks !
I used a stencil from my stash with Crakle Paste but it can be any Modeling Paste, Heavy Gesso, Heavy Gel, whatever you have that has texture.
Once everything is dry, I can start playing with my watercolors ! I am trying to match the colors of the papers :)
I did the same thing with the Chalk included in the kit and mixing it with a little bit of water.
Here I used the chalk again but this time on the chipboard for an opaque look.
When it was almost dry, I took the same watercolor and put a little bit on the chipboard.
I really love the result ! I cut the chipboard into little peaces so they would show all around my layout. I place the peaces where I wanted them and put glue right away.
Here I decided to keep a few peaces for another layout. On top of the chipboard, I used one of the die-cuts from a 12x12 paper and added cheese cloth. I also used the stamp from the kit on top and bottom.
I used watercolor again but on the flowers so they could be a little bit Pink. I had previously cut out the clocks and the butterflies from the Vintage Ephemeras and used them around the photo. Here you can see I am applying Stones with Gel Medium which I use as glue.
Here you can see the final result with the pearls :)
Here is a title from a previous kit :
More close-ups :
I hope you liked my tutorial, let me know if you have questions !!
Don’t forget to follow Tres Jolie on all our various social media outlets.